Drafting and Negotiating International Contracts
Drafting and Negotiating International Contracts - 3. og 4. desember 2019
The course provides for a comprehensive overview of the legal considerations one must make when dealing with the drafting and negotiation process of international contracts. The differences between the major legal systems are outlined and comparisons are made on a country-by-country level. Furthermore, the course both provides for a better understanding of the overall structure of an International Contract and gives the participants an overview of the main clauses used. Finally, the course makes the participants more familiar with terminology used in International Contracts.
The course is set-up in a very practical way; participants will be preparing and discussing assignments together. Attending this course will enable you to take a more active role in the international contract negotiation and drafting process. You will become more familiar with the legal differences between various jurisdictions and will become better aware of the considerable impact that these differences may have on any given International Contract. In addition, you will get a better understanding of the contract structure and the clauses used in International Contacts. Finally, you will find yourself more familiar with the English terminology used in International Contracts.
The course covers the following areas:
- Selection of some fundamental basic legal concepts, applicable law, relevant international organizations etc.
- The pre-contractual phase – including letters of Intent and non-disclosure agreements
- Formation, recitals and the battle of forms
- Analysis of the contract structure and the most important contract clauses:
- Interpretation clauses
- Limitation of liability and liquidated damages
- Conformity of goods and services
- Penalty clauses
- Confidentiality clauses
- Assignment clauses
- Force Majeure & hardship clauses
- Termination clauses
- Choice of law and jurisdiction & international dispute resolution
Who should attend the course?
The course is especially aimed at lawyers and legal professionals that are exposed to and/or directly working with international contracts.
Kennari Jochem van Rijn er hollenskur lögfræðingur sem hefur undanfarin fimm ár kennt á námskeiðum í Danmörku, Noregi, Finnlandi, Grænlandi og á Íslandi. Síðast kenndi hann þetta námskeið vorið 2017 við góðan orðstír og er þetta í fjórða skiptið sem boðið er upp á námskeiðið hérlendis.
Staður Kennslustofa LMFÍ, Álftamýri 9, Reykjavík.
Tími Alls 12 klst. Þriðjudagur 3. desember og miðvikudagur 4. desember 2019, kl. 09:00-16:00.
Verð 110.000 kr. 30% afsláttur af námskeiðsgjaldi fyrir aðild að félagsdeild LMFÍ. 10% afsláttur fyrir aðild að LMFÍ og LÍ. Athugið að ef ekki næst lágmarksþáttaka (12 manns) fellur námskeiðið niður. Tilkynna þarf forföll með góðum fyrirvara eða í síðasta lagi 11. nóvember, að öðru leyti greiðist 50% af verði námskeiðsins.
Umsagnir frá 2017:
- I was very pleased with the seminar. It gave a great and meaningful insight into the importance of carefully constructing international agreements.
- One of the best courses which I have attended.
- I was very happy with the course which gave a thorough overview of challenges in international contracts making. Using the practical example was brilliant and participants made to engage. The lecturer did a great job.
- Very happy. Challenging course that passed completely to my expectations”